Thursday, January 11, 2007

catching up on some highlights of 2006



After travelling/working "away'for most of the last 10 years I got to come 'home' and be with my people again for a while. Woolumbin is the focal point of all things spiritual in the Northern Rivers and can be seen from many places. A bit like Hokusai's 36 views of Mt Fuji. Mt Warning was named by Cptn Cook because it was an indicator of the eastern extremity of the mainland. Today is Jan 26. Invasion day. A reminder to us all that there was people enjoying this land well before us European's arrived.



I got to have a photo shoot inside the Cape Byron lighthouse....what a beautiful building..with history and maritime wonder!


Tibetan monks came to Bangalow...... made a sand mandala.....



















Inspired by the monks I created a series of images based on smoke photos......... more later on this exciting step.




2006 was the year I got to make paper from the Native Rozella plants I planted for that reason 20 years agp. More about that later.

Ten Four Technology Journeyman Artist

My photo
ceramics, digital imaging, bookmaking, printmaking, painting, papermaking. Currently involved in JourneyManArtist project to produce panoramic images referencing the journey.

Blog Archive