Wednesday, January 10, 2007

surprise orchid




I call this one the surprise orchid because it comes out like a strand of grass. It seems to grow among the blady grass so you don't know its there till the flower stem comes out. I love it!! This flower grows right near my shack on my Mountain. Its become a symbol of all that is beautiful there at my bush retreat. Good things happen.



Here is another orchid that grows on my Mountain. Its another native and is more conventional in that it grows on logs and trees. Everything is as we make it!



This one is a more common, larger orchid. It grows in tree forks and dead wood.

Ten Four Technology Journeyman Artist

My photo
ceramics, digital imaging, bookmaking, printmaking, painting, papermaking. Currently involved in JourneyManArtist project to produce panoramic images referencing the journey.

Blog Archive